FWCB Graduate Fellowship Funds

FWCB attracts graduate students who have exceptional potential to be our next generation of natural resource leaders. Fellowship support for graduate students is critical for providing research support, travel to meetings to present research findings, and stipends. Your gift can help make FWCB an even better place to launch a promising research or conservation career!

Conservation Biology Graduate Student Fund (Fund #8544) supports fellowships, travel to meetings to present research or travel to special training programs.

Gordon Gullion Fellowship Fund (Fund #3618) provides fellowships for graduate students pursuing studies in wildlife ecology and management.

L. Daniel Frenzel & Thomas F. Waters Fellowships (Fund #1491) provides support for graduate students advised by a FWCB faculty member.

Leigh H. Perkins Fellowship in Wildlife Management (Fund #6015) supports graduate students in wildlife management working with the Gullion Endowed Chair.

Wally Dayton Fellowship in Wildlife Research (Fund #6550) provides support for new or current graduate students, with a preference for students interested in wildlife research with financial need, and who are veterans of active duty in the US Armed Forces or the Peace Corps.

John Dobie Memorial Fund (Fund #D432) provides fellowships for fisheries graduate students with excellent academic records.

Please click the links listed above to donate online to each fund. You can also donate by mail!

If you have any questions about making a gift or if you would like to set up a new fund, please contact Susan Galatowitsch, FWCB Department Head (612-624-3242; galat001@umn.edu).

For Students

In addition to FWCB fellowships, students can apply for Graduate School Fellowships. The Graduate School administers University-wide fellowships and grants, based on academic merit (unlike a teaching assistantship or research assistantship, fellowships and grants generally do not require students to work). Currently enrolled graduate students at the University of Minnesota may apply. Fellowships usually cover educational and living expenses, and grants usually cover expenses related to specific projects. Graduate students can see University-wide fellowship and grant opportunities on the Graduate School website.